Q. I have teeth pain and sensitivity whenever I drink something cold or hot. Why does it occur?

Dr. Ashish Goel
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am an 18 year old boy. I have teeth pain and sensitivity whenever I drink something cold or hot. Why does it occur? I also have stains on my teeth. I do not smoke or drink alcohol, but my teeth do not look white. How can I improve the colour of my teeth? Also, why do I get the smell of whatever I eat in my breath?

#

You are suffering from halitosis. You must be having sensitive teeth, hence having pain or cold or hot sensation. I suggest using Sensodyne toothpaste. Try using Orahex (Chlorhexidine) gargles twice daily for bad breath. Slight staining is normal, it has to be noted only when you get more stains in your teeth.

|