Q. Why do I feel fatigue in the morning?

Dr. Alon Seifan
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I wake up with a heavy head, headache, and drowsiness. It seems tough to do anything in the morning. But, I feel more energetic in the evening. Why?

#

Many things can cause morning fatigue.

If you snore at night, you may have a condition called sleep apnea or otherwise known as obstructive sleep apnea. This causes a lack of oxygen and can cause people to feel drowsy during the day. However, this would not explain why you have more energy in the evening.

The other things that can cause fatigue in the morning include depression and sadness. The type of sadness that gets more energy in the evening is called bipolar depression.

Also, it is important to check thyroid when it comes to fatigue.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|