Q. Why do I feel fatigue in the morning?

Dr. Alon Seifan
Published on Apr 14, 2017

I wake up with a heavy head, headache, and drowsiness. It seems tough to do anything in the morning. But, I feel more energetic in the evening. Why?

Dr. Alon Seifan

Neurology
#

Many things can cause morning fatigue.

If you snore at night, you may have a condition called sleep apnea or otherwise known as obstructive sleep apnea. This causes a lack of oxygen and can cause people to feel drowsy during the day. However, this would not explain why you have more energy in the evening.

The other things that can cause fatigue in the morning include depression and sadness. The type of sadness that gets more energy in the evening is called bipolar depression.

Also, it is important to check thyroid when it comes to fatigue.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

What is the reason for chest pain after using CPAP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have obstructive sleep apnea and using CPAP for a year. I feel chest pain in the mornings. The same kind of pain is felt whenever I sleep without the mask. My BP, sugar and ECGs were tested before six months back and they were normal. What is the cause and remedy?  Read Full »

I am possessive with my girlfriend and feel insecured about her. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel irritated on deep thinking about people who are cheating me. I am possessive with my girlfriend and feel insecured about her. I am getting anger for very small reasons and answering in very serious mode. I need mental relaxation for myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article