Q. Please suggest a solution for severe pubic itching.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I have been suffering from severe itching near pubic area and the skin turned black. Previously, I had pubic lice issue, which was cured using Permethrin lotion. I am currently using Flucort-C cream, but it is not effective. Please suggest some medicine for it. Thank you.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Nevertheless, I suggest the following medications. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Capsule Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily for 10 days.
  2. Tablet Teczine (Levocetirizine) one tablet twice daily.
  3. Apply Sebifin (Terbinafine) cream twice daily.

Revert back after 10 days to an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

| 

After 10 days, the infection has subsided. But, the itching and black skin still persists. Itching is very severe sometimes.

#

• The blackness will take a month to subside as it is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and is due to the increase in the number of melanocytes. Nevertheless, you can apply Kojivit gel twice daily.
  • I suggest Teczine-M (combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine) as long as the itching is there and also keep the area dry by application of Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole).
  • Avoid wearing tight undergarments to prevent the recurrence as the disease by nature is very recurrent and whenever the fungus will get the suitable environment to grow, the disease will recur.

For further information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

| 

I have severe itching in the groin area. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now