Q. What are those linings I have on both sides of inner cheek?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
Published on May 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I have white lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.

#

• This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba.
  • In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation.

For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I have no pain and itching at that area. Please tell me how to remove the lining.

#

• As such no treatment is required.
  • If you smoke or consume alcohol, then you will have to quit the habit.
  • You can use mouthwash and saline rinse every day.
  • If your upper and lower teeth near to the cheek region have sharp edges, then you will have to visit a dentist to make them smooth.

For more information consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Can smoking cessation cause strained bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 39 years. I have quit smoking, cold turkey after smoking for almost 18 years. It is my 29th day of being smoke-free. Everything was going fine until last 7 to 10 days my bowel movement has been strainful. Few days I have seen very small sized hard stools and sometimes small ...  Read Full »

Are acidity and constipation the withdrawal symptoms of quitting smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 year old male and had been smoking for the last 10 years. I smoke four to five cigarettes a day. I stopped it completely for the last 36 days. Now, I am suffering with severe acidity and constipation. I am taking Sompraz 40 in the morning for the last 10 days, but no great impr...  Read Full »

I am having bleeding for over 24 hours after wisdom tooth removal. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and they have been bleeding for over 24 hours. Is this normal?  Read Full »