Q. What are those linings I have on both sides of inner cheek?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I have white lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.

#

• This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba.
  • In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation.

For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I have no pain and itching at that area. Please tell me how to remove the lining.

#

• As such no treatment is required.
  • If you smoke or consume alcohol, then you will have to quit the habit.
  • You can use mouthwash and saline rinse every day.
  • If your upper and lower teeth near to the cheek region have sharp edges, then you will have to visit a dentist to make them smooth.

For more information consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|