Q. I have extreme shortness of breath and pain in my chest and back. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2021 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

I have extreme shortness of breath and pain in my chest and back. Please help.

#

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. Such clinical features may result from anxiety, stress, acid reflux, allergic reactions, anemia, respiratory diseases like pneumonia, pneumothorax, pulmonary embolism, asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart diseases like heart attacks, arrhythmia, etc.

Treatment depends on the cause. You can do some investigations like CXR (X-ray of the chest), HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) of the chest, ECG (electrocardiogram), Echo (echocardiogram), CBC (complete blood count), CRP (c-reactive protein), etc., to find out the exact cause of your present issue and then treat them accordingly.

Do you have any past history of the disease, other associated symptoms like cough, fever, etc., along with chest pain, history of acidity, history of regular bowel movement, anxiety or stress, etc.? In the meantime, you can take a tablet of Naproxen for subsiding your pain along with a tablet of Domperidone and Rabeprazole. Take care. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|