Q. Is shortness of breath and chest pain associated with anxiety?

Dr. Isaac Gana

I am a female on Prednisone 40 mg and Vitamin C 2.5 g since the past five days. I have just woken up feeling short of breath and chest pain. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 120/80 mmHg and my heart rate was in 50s. My blood pressure will be usually 110/65 mmHg, and my heart rate is usually pushing the high 90s. I do have anxiety, so I feel like I am just over thinking it and making myself have these symptoms. Every time I go to the ER, they always tell me my vitals look fine and it is just my anxiety. Please help.

#

• I see no reason for you to worry. For your weight, heart rate in the range of 50s and blood pressure of 90/60 mmHg is not much of a concern, except if it begins to drop below this or you start to feel like fainting.
  • I think your biggest problem is psychological instability. Although there have been some reports of patients using Prednisolone to have cardiovascular disturbances like bradycardia, syncope, tachycardia, etc., I do not think it is the issue in your case.
  • What have you done in regards to your anxiety? Have you got any issues of recent, that is causing you anxiety? Consult your psychiatrist for anxiety.

Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »

Is Metpure-XL (Metoprolol) advisable in sinus bradycardia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been a high BP and sinus bradycardia (heart rate of 52) patient for the last four years. I used to take Metpure-XL 25 mg after breakfast based on my cardiologist's advice. For the last six months, I was having headache and confusion plus slightly increased urination. Last wee...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»