Q. Is shortness of breath and chest pain associated with anxiety?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am a female on Prednisone 40 mg and Vitamin C 2.5 g since the past five days. I have just woken up feeling short of breath and chest pain. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 120/80 mmHg and my heart rate was in 50s. My blood pressure will be usually 110/65 mmHg, and my heart rate is usually pushing the high 90s. I do have anxiety, so I feel like I am just over thinking it and making myself have these symptoms. Every time I go to the ER, they always tell me my vitals look fine and it is just my anxiety. Please help.

#

• I see no reason for you to worry. For your weight, heart rate in the range of 50s and blood pressure of 90/60 mmHg is not much of a concern, except if it begins to drop below this or you start to feel like fainting.
  • I think your biggest problem is psychological instability. Although there have been some reports of patients using Prednisolone to have cardiovascular disturbances like bradycardia, syncope, tachycardia, etc., I do not think it is the issue in your case.
  • What have you done in regards to your anxiety? Have you got any issues of recent, that is causing you anxiety? Consult your psychiatrist for anxiety.

Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|