Shoulder Dislocation

Can you please comment on my MRI report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a labral tear along with other ligament, muscle and tendon unit injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Probably, due to acute shoulder dislocation. Decision regarding surgery depends upon the clinical condition. For further information consu...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some exercise and supplements for weak bones?

Query: Hi doctor, My shoulder bone was dislocated before six months. I can move my hand upright, but while sleeping it is paining. What kind of deficiency can be there? I am eating non-vegetarian food regularly from childhood. Please suggest me some exercise and supplement as my bones are weak. Thank y...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern. Dislocation is accidental slippage of bone from the actual space and when it happens, it will make surrounding muscles, ligaments and capsule over stretch and so ultimately pain will be due to all structures. First, you need to strengthen t...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for Hill-Sachs lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, I hit my shoulder a while back. Since then, my shoulder slightly turns to the side like a dislocation or something whenever I do anything strenuous like work out or swimming or hanging on to something. I can just tilt my hand and it would come back to the original position, so it is not a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hill-Sachs lesion (humeral bone head fracture) on the MRI suggests that you had a shoulder injury and it needs treatment either non-surgically or surgically. It can only get decided after seeing the MRI images as I need to see the amount of bone and soft tissue injury in...  Read Full »

How should I tape my shoulder to avoid dislocation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I was wondering due to my shoulder being really bad and after doing surgery and still, even after that I am always dislocating it. I have been trying to tape it but I am not 100 % sure how to do that, so it will minimize the chances of it dislocating while snowboarding...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In your case, taping can help you little in stabilizing the joint. However, Kinesio tape helps you to recruit or inhibit muscle and is of less help in providing stability to the joint. If you want to tape, then go for rigid tape. If you were my pati...  Read Full »

Why did my shoulder get dislocated for the second time? How do I treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I met with an accident some nine years ago which resulted in a chip fracture of the left shoulder acromion. After nine months, I had a shoulder dislocation in the same shoulder which was corrected by a bone setter at home. Recently, the same shoulder again got dis...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder dislocation in sleep and also for the second time points that you will require a surgery called arthroscopic Bankart repair. Also, shoulder dislocation can be prevented if you avoid external rotation of the arm and shoulder. A simple arm sling brace will work...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for shoulder dislocation and fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I wish to know if a surgery is needed for shoulder dislocation-cum-fracture. The patient is already undergoing treatment for arthritis and depression. So, will there be complications if put on anesthesia?  Read Full »

Dr. Melvin J George

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the dislocation has been reduced and she is planned for surgery. I need to know about the status of the fracture, whether it is displaced or not and the exact location of the fracture. Can you share with me the X-ray image, so that I can answer you to...  Read Full »

My shoulder has slipped multiple times during sport. What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment. MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need invest...  Read Full »

Kindly review MRI taken for chronic shoulder pain.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a chronic right shoulder pain, especially when lifting up an arm or moving arm sideways. I have discomfort when resting on my right side in bed. Also feeling a slightly loose shoulder or detached arm when rotating the arm, and the occasional feeling of nerve pinching, although no...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your shoulder MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not showing any serious concerns but there are some areas which might be causing mild pain and discomfort during movements. In the coronal images, there is likely early degenerative changes in the dis...  Read Full »

I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. I have swelling and severe pain. I am taking Ibuprofen. It hurts to breathe and move my arms. I have a history of osteoporosis, degenerative disk disease, and scoliosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a sterno-clavicular dislocation. If it is, then you need to lie down and push the shoulder behind. But, an orthopedic surgeon needs to reduce the dislocation. Till then wear an arm sling pouch. I suggest you continue taking Ibuprofen. And upload the X-rays a...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »