Q. How to treat Hill-Sachs lesion?

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hill-sachs Lesion or Shoulder Dislocation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to treat Hill-Sachs lesion?

I hit my shoulder a while back. Since then, my shoulder slightly turns to the side like a dislocation or something whenever I do anything strenuous like work out or swimming or hanging on to something. I can just tilt my hand and it would come back to the original position, so it is not a complete dislocation. I consulted a doctor and he took an MRI scan and it read Hill-Sachs lesion. He asked me to maintain the shoulder in rest for six months and do nothing which is hard for me to accept as I lead a very active life. How would I know whether it is healing or it has healed in the future as he did not make any future appointment?