Q. I have recurrent shoulder dislocation. I am a softball player. Please help.

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?

#

For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment.

MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need investigation and arthroscopy. You may need arthroscopic repair for bony Bankart lesion.

Take rest for early healing.

You may have to start TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) or ultrasound which will be helpful in your case.

After correction usually recovery occurs in four to six months.

Consult an orthopaedician online with the reports --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|