Q. I have recurrent shoulder dislocation. I am a softball player. Please help.

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 01, 2018

I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?

#

For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment.

MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need investigation and arthroscopy. You may need arthroscopic repair for bony Bankart lesion.

Take rest for early healing.

You may have to start TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) or ultrasound which will be helpful in your case.

After correction usually recovery occurs in four to six months.

Consult an orthopaedician online with the reports --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

Why are my feet cold three weeks after hip arthroscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hip arthroscopy three weeks ago and today, my feet are very cold with no other symptoms. No symptoms prior to today. Could this be a result of the surgery or something else?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now