Q. My skin has got worse after stopping the usage of birth control pill. Kindly help.

Dr. Shazli Naseer

I am a 21-year-old female with a really bad skin condition. The acne outbreak happened about a year ago, a time when I stopped the birth control pill, Diane, which I was on it for over five years due to a negative side effect I had swollen legs. Then I was on Almina 28 for about three to four months, with no positive impact on the skin condition. Please help.

#

I think your acne is due to hormonal imbalance, and there are other natural ways to treat this condition. You will need some more work up to find the leading cause. And some more detail in history to find a permanent solution. Lab test suggested are,

1. Complete metabolic profile, including liver enzyme levels.

2. Thyroid-stimulating hormone levels (TSH).

3. Total and free testosterone levels (this points towards if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome) and high testosterone levels can cause severe acne.

4. Check for A1C to rule out pre-diabetes.

5. Estrogen and progesterone levels.

6. Complete blood picture.

Until you get complete workup, I can suggest simple remedies. To get rid of acne, I recommend your system with natural remedies.

1. Use 1/2 teaspoon daily of Manuka honey or nay pure raw honey in 8 oz of warm water and with lemon, drink daily if possible.

2. For hormonal balance correction use fenugreek seeds (easily found in asian grocery stores also called methi seeds) remedy soak a teaspoon in warm water 8 oz, let it sit overnight and drink only that water early morning empty stomach, do this for at least four weeks, it will help balance your hormones. I need to know the detail of the menstrual cycle as well. I can provide detail consult if you send me a message.

|