I am a 21-year-old female with a really bad skin condition. The acne outbreak happened about a year ago, a time when I stopped the birth control pill, Diane, which I was on it for over five years due to a negative side effect I had swollen legs. Then I was on Almina 28 for about three to four months, with no positive impact on the skin condition. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I think your acne is due to hormonal imbalance, and there are other natural ways to treat this condition. You will need some more work up to find the leading cause. And some more detail in history to find a permanent solution. Lab test suggested are,
1. Complete metabolic profile, including liver enzyme levels.
2. Thyroid-stimulating hormone levels (TSH).
3. Total and free testosterone levels (this points towards if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome) and high testosterone levels can cause severe acne.
4. Check for A1C to rule out pre-diabetes.
5. Estrogen and progesterone levels.
6. Complete blood picture.
Until you get complete workup, I can suggest simple remedies. To get rid of acne, I recommend your system with natural remedies.
1. Use 1/2 teaspoon daily of Manuka honey or nay pure raw honey in 8 oz of warm water and with lemon, drink daily if possible.
2. For hormonal balance correction use fenugreek seeds (easily found in asian grocery stores also called methi seeds) remedy soak a teaspoon in warm water 8 oz, let it sit overnight and drink only that water early morning empty stomach, do this for at least four weeks, it will help balance your hormones. I need to know the detail of the menstrual cycle as well. I can provide detail consult if you send me a message.
Was this answer helpful?|
.. common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many... Read fullMy TSH level is 0.022. Why do I feel so depressed?
.. pressure of 100/60 is normal for a woman in your age group. However, if you are feeling lightheaded upon standing, then you need evaluation to see if your blood pressure drops when you stand up. Your blood counts and urinalysis are normal. Your th... Read fullWill increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?
.. stimulating hormone) is very important for the baby's brain growth as rightly said by you. Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the tr... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Diabetologist Now