Q. My TSH level is 0. 022. Why do I feel so depressed?

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi
Published on Jun 08, 2019

I have 100/60 blood pressure, and I feel less active. My TSH level is 0.022, and I am feeling alone and depressed, but I am getting sleep. Please help.

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Internal Medicine
#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

A blood pressure of 100/60 is normal for a woman in your age group. However, if you are feeling lightheaded upon standing, then you need evaluation to see if your blood pressure drops when you stand up. Your blood counts and urinalysis are normal. Your thyroid hormones Total T4 and Total T3 are within normal ranges. A single low TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) reading may need confirmation with a repeat test. Are you on thyroid hormone supplements?

What are your height and weight? You have been prescribed an antibiotic (Mahacef plus). There is no reason for you to take medicines. I suggest stopping it. Also, no indication to take Citro Soda (you do not have a urine infection). Your health is fine, and so you can stop all the medicines. Your symptoms may have other causes like lack of sleep, stress, etc. You will need further evaluation. You can start by getting a repeat TSH test done at a standard laboratory. Stop the medicines you have been prescribed currently. Once you have the repeat TSH level, you can get back to me.

| 

Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)

Article Overview: Blood pressure is the force exerted by the blood flowing in the blood vessels on the walls of the vessels. Without this force, oxygen and nutrients would not reach the tissues and organs of the body. The heart exerts this pressure by forcing the blood out with every contraction. The increase or decrease of blood pressure depends on the circumference of the blood vessel and the force by which the heart pumps the blood Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Blood Pressure? Blood pressure is the force exerted by the blood flowing in the blood vessels on the walls of the vessels. Without this force, oxygen and nutrients would not reach the tissues and organs of the body. The heart exerts this pressure by forcing the blood out with every contract...  Read Article

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

What causes low TSH and FT4?

Query: Dear Doctor, After my tubal pregnancy my thyroids started acting low TSH 0.11 0.21 0.26 and low FT4 0.81 0.82 0.79 .076. But did not visit the doctor yet. Is it hyperactivity thyroid? Give me any advice.  Read Full »

Ask a General Surgeon Now