Q. What is the reason for vomiting sensation after taking three I-pills in a month?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 19 years old and had taken three I-pill in a month and after having the third pill, I am feeling very strange like vomiting and uncomfortable. What is the reason behind it? Can it be a serious problem? Please help me.

#

I-pill is hormonal contraceptive pills that affect the menstrual cycle and prevent conception. But hormones have their individual effects as well. Recurrent I-pill can give you nausea, vomitings, breast tenderness, etc. If I-pill is taken in the first ten days of periods with proper dose and without vomiting, then it will inhibit ovulation and as a result, conception. So, no need to have recurrent I-pill in the same menstrual cycle. Now have plenty of water, fruits, vegetables and avoid any hormones as recurrently ovulation has stopped. Give the body some time and wait for withdrawal bleed. It can take around two weeks post last pill or a few more days as you have taken three pills in a cycle.

|