HomeAnswersGeneral Medicineerectile dysfunctionWhat are the available erectile dysfunction treatment options?

Kindly tell me erectile dysfunction treatments.

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At August 23, 2023
Reviewed AtAugust 23, 2023

Patient's Query

I am 48 years old married, male living with wife and one school-going child. My height is 5'64" and weighs almost 176.37 Ibs. My main problem is that I am not able to sustain my erection or suffering from erection difficulties for a long time. I can sustain it only when I take Tadalafil type of tablets before. But, at present, I am having high BP and taking Amlopres AT tablet daily in the morning and after this medication, my BP level is 130/80 on average. Besides, I am having high TSH 6.98 when measured one month back and taking medication (Thyrox). Otherwise, I am also having enlarged prostate but till date, no major complications have arisen. Though the doctor has prescribed Tamsulosin type of medicine, I have not started yet. Also suffering a bit anxiety, however, I am not taking any other medicine except those mentioned above. Can I take Tadalafil after having such problems mentioned above to overcome the erection difficulties? Will it clash with the medicines I am taking already?

Yes, you can take Tadalafil or Sildenafil tablets for erection. It may bring blood pressure slightly less. Otherwise, it is safe. If TSH level is slightly high, how is the sugar level? Also, learn to relax as anxiety also causes erectile dysfunction.

Patient's Query

Thanks for your prompt prescription. Sugar level is normal. What is your prescription for the safe use of Tadalafil?

Take it on the need basis only when you require it.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. K. Shanmuganandan
Dr. K. Shanmuganandan

Rheumatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy