Simvastatin

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your high blood sugar levels and from the lab results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have uncontrolled diabetes and dyslipidemia, that is, high cholesterol. According to your HbA1C, it is recommen...  Read Full »

Please guide me after seeing my latest thyroid reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I am having hypothyroidism and high BP from the last 15 years. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches and weight is 82 kg. I am taking Thyronorm 125 mcg and Telsartan H80 daily. I am attaching my recent blood reports. Please guide on what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query about your health conditions and saw the detailed reports which you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you have hypothyroidism, hypertension, and dyslipidemia. Your thyroid function test shows tha...  Read Full »

My latest reports showed non-alcoholic fatty liver and hypercholesterolemia. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male, and I weigh 84 kg. I have a history of asthma, for which I use Salbutamol. I also have eczema and alopecia, for which I use topical Hydrocortisone and Finasteride 1 mg respectively. I do not smoke or drink. My last routine investigation, which I did last year,...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you do have a very high cholesterol and high LDL levels, which indicate that you have dyslipidemia. Your ultrasound also shows non-alcoholic fatty liver dise...  Read Full »

What are the expected side effects of Simvastatin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking Amlodipine 2.5 mg and my doctor prescribed Simvastatin 40 mg. When I picked up the medication the pharmacist warned me of a major interaction. The doctor told me to take the medication anyway because I was able to tolerate Pravastatin, which I was on previously. I had also bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are getting major side effects from Simvastatin like palpitations, dizziness or fainting, then you might have to stop and approach your physician for another option. Although I understand that he wants you to lose weight fast because of your BMI (body m...  Read Full »

Why was I advised to take Simvastatin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. My HDL is 70, LDL 207, cholesterol 288, AST 35, MPV 4.5 and monocyte auto 1.4. All my other readings in my health check are normal. My doctor has prescribed 10 mg of Simvastatin. I do not know whether I should take it or not after I read the side effects. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reason for Simvastatin is your high LDL cholesterol level (low-density lipoprotein). This will help you. For further doubts consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »