Q. There is a yellowish tint to my skin. Why?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I have a yellowish tint to my skin and yellow patches in the outer corner of both eyes.

#

Yellowish skin and mucous membrane indicate conditions with raised bilirubin levels in the blood.

You need to get liver function tests done like serum bilirubin and liver enzymes ALT, AST, ALP, and GGT.

If you do not have any other symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite, abdominal pain or fever and if this has always been the case with you, it is probably nothing serious.

However, you do need to see your healthcare provider for clinical examination if other symptoms develop. And please get those tests done.

Hopefully, this helps.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|