HomeAnswersDermatologyskin disorderWhat causes red, raised, scaly, and non-itchy rashes all over the body?

I have skin rashes all over my body, which are red, raised, scaly, and non-itchy. Kindly help.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At September 12, 2021
Reviewed AtFebruary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have had skin rash all over my body except my face, neck, palm, and sole for four months. The rashes appear as a raised red nodule of 1 to 3 mm in size initially and slowly go flat and scaly. It is non-itchy but can be easily felt on touch. I initially thought it is due to my soap, and I changed it. But no improvement. Also, I changed my sheets and towels, but it is the same. I had chickenpox 16 years ago and also have a keloid on my shoulders. But this rash pattern seems to be different. Kindly help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. As you have attached only a single picture, it is difficult to diagnose (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is always better to examine multiple lesions. I guess you might have an inflammatory skin condition called pityriasis lichenoides chronica. It is a disorder of unknown etiology and is more common in children and young adults. It presents with red or brown papules on the trunk, buttocks, and proximal parts of extremities. A scale overlying the papules is seen. Upon removal of the scale, a minimally shiny skin surface can be seen. Most patients are asymptomatic. The condition might heal with hypo or hyperpigmentation without scarring. The disease can run a long remitting and relapsing course over months. This disorder is primarily harmless except in very few situations. I suggest you take a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. Would you please send some well-focused pictures to help the diagnosis to suggest you some treatment? Take care and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena
Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy