Q. I had skin grafting in my leg due to acid burn. How to regain my skin color?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

I have undergone skin grafting in my leg due to acid burn before three years. Now it is fine. But my skin discolors, and stitch marks are not changing significantly. So please suggest some treatment to be done to regain my skin color quickly.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. Though It is not possible to reverse changes back to normal completely, you can use following topicals and then follow back.

1.Contractubex cream

2. VC 15 serum.

Mix both in 2:1 ratio and apply twice a day for six weeks.

| 

Is Contractubex cream is also useful even after 3.5 years? I was using this creams up to 2.3 months after surgery.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

Of course, it is not as effective as when the scar is new and going through the healing or remodeling phase, but It works to a certain extent in older hypertrophic scars as well. Other options include fractional Co2 laser, which can help in improving the appearance of the scar.

| 

Tanning of Skin

Article Overview: Though ultraviolet radiation induced erythema is seen in all skin types, it is more marked in fair skin and barely perceptible in dark skinned individuals. This article throws light on different skin phototypes and tanning. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Tanning or skin pigmentation that occurs after sun exposure depends on the individual skin phototypes. The tanning response depends on the wavelength of light inducing it. Immediate tanning is mainly due to ultraviolet A (UVA), whereas delayed tanning is due to ultraviolet B (UVB). Skin phototypes,...  Read Article

Can scald burns lead to keloid formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old male. Two months ago, I suffered second and third-degree accidental burns to my leg from scalding hot water. Burns have healed but the skin remains discolored. What are the risks going forward? Can keloids be formed and what procedures can be done in the future to i...  Read Full »

Will a curling iron leave a burn scar?

Query: Hello doctor,I burned myself with a curling iron. It did not appear bad at first but a scab is forming. Will the burn leave a scar?  Read Full »