Q. 1 year old baby has rashes on her chest and back. What could it be?

Dr. Kanwar Deep
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

My daughter woke up with a rash on her chest and back and has gotten worse. She was put into an antibiotic a couple of days ago Amoxicillin, so I do not thinks she is allergic since it has been days, no other known allergies. I think it might be roseola any opinion? She is 13 months, it is very spotted all over, no fever and she is acting normal, had a fever a couple of days ago of 102, 103.

Dr. Kanwar Deep

Child Health Paediatrics
#

It appears to be a case of viral rash, and the details available and neither can not diagnose the specific viral type is it of much significance. As your daughter does not have any significant symptoms besides the rash, she does not need any active intervention for the moment. Hopefully, the rash shall subside in next four to five days. If the rash does not subside in next five to six days or she develops any new significant symptoms (fever, cough, low appetite, vomitings, etc.) then it is advisable to have a check-up by a doctor.

| 

I am worried about flu and skin rashes I had after two weeks of unprotected oral sex. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I received oral sex from a sex worker without condom and sex with a condom. After two weeks, I got flu (no fever), then I was panic, too much stressed and worried. And I had body burn like sunburn about a week. I have a skin rash on my backside and a few spots. I worry about this proble...  Read Full »

Are child's skin rashes due to viral infection or allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old and has developed rashes on face and few on his hands. He has no fever and is fresh playing around. He went out to farm with family and zoo last week, and since yesterday he started developing few rashes. He was having very low fever a couple days back but recove...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »