Q. 1 year old baby has rashes on her chest and back. What could it be?

Dr. Kanwar Deep
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

My daughter woke up with a rash on her chest and back and has gotten worse. She was put into an antibiotic a couple of days ago Amoxicillin, so I do not thinks she is allergic since it has been days, no other known allergies. I think it might be roseola any opinion? She is 13 months, it is very spotted all over, no fever and she is acting normal, had a fever a couple of days ago of 102, 103.

#

It appears to be a case of viral rash, and the details available and neither can not diagnose the specific viral type is it of much significance. As your daughter does not have any significant symptoms besides the rash, she does not need any active intervention for the moment. Hopefully, the rash shall subside in next four to five days. If the rash does not subside in next five to six days or she develops any new significant symptoms (fever, cough, low appetite, vomitings, etc.) then it is advisable to have a check-up by a doctor.

|