Q. Kindly tell me the reason for child's skin rashes.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

My son is 5 years old and has developed rashes on face and few on his hands. He has no fever and is fresh playing around. He went out to farm with family and zoo last week, and since yesterday he started developing few rashes. He was having very low fever a couple days back but recovered without medication. My concern is these rashes could be due to any viral or the possibility of allergy? Please suggest any test or treatment.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Probably may be a viral infection like hand foot and mouth disease. Do not worry. Please give syrup Crocin (250 mg/5 ml), 3 ml SOS, if the temperature is above 100 F. As for the rash, please apply Calamine lotion. It should be better in a few days time.

|