Q. What is the skin rash that itch sometimes in a child?

Published on Jun 21, 2019

My daughter has just started kindergarten three weeks ago and came home today with a rash all over her arms, hands, and feet and one by her lip. She feels fine otherwise but they itch sometimes. Our 7-year-old neighbor just got over strep and impetigo and I am wondering if this could be that. It seems to look similar to the hand, foot, and mouth. She has already missed three days of school for a cold but I do not want to send her if she is contagious.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your query and examined your given pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems your son has a hand, foot, and mouth disease, and does not look like impetigo. HFMD (hand, foot, and mouth disease) is a viral infection caused by the coxsackie virus. It is a self-limiting disease and takes around 5 to 7 days to subside. Symptomatic treatment can be taken like topical Lactocalamine lotion local application twice daily and Orasep (Chlorhexidine gluconate) mouth gel local application twice for five days after consulting your gp or near by dermatologist,

| 

Can you suggest some creams for the skin rashes under my lips?

Query: Hi doctor, From one month, I started to observe some rashes on the skin under my lips. I have been diagnosed before with dermatitis, but this is a different kind of rash. I have attached a picture of the rash. I have already tried applying moisturizing cream, Fisiogel, and Aciclovir. I thought it t...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »