Q. What is the skin rash that itch sometimes in a child?

My daughter has just started kindergarten three weeks ago and came home today with a rash all over her arms, hands, and feet and one by her lip. She feels fine otherwise but they itch sometimes. Our 7-year-old neighbor just got over strep and impetigo and I am wondering if this could be that. It seems to look similar to the hand, foot, and mouth. She has already missed three days of school for a cold but I do not want to send her if she is contagious.

#

I have seen your query and examined your given pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems your son has a hand, foot, and mouth disease, and does not look like impetigo. HFMD (hand, foot, and mouth disease) is a viral infection caused by the coxsackie virus. It is a self-limiting disease and takes around 5 to 7 days to subside. Symptomatic treatment can be taken like topical Lactocalamine lotion local application twice daily and Orasep (Chlorhexidine gluconate) mouth gel local application twice for five days after consulting your gp or near by dermatologist,

|