Q. What is the skin rash that itch sometimes in a child?

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Skin Rashes or Viral Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter has just started kindergarten three weeks ago and came home today with a rash all over her arms, hands, and feet and one by her lip. She feels fine otherwise but they itch sometimes. Our 7-year-old neighbor just got over strep and impetigo and I am wondering if this could be that. It seems to look similar to the hand, foot, and mouth. She has already missed three days of school for a cold but I do not want to send her if she is contagious.