Q. From the photos, kindly explain the rash that I have recently got.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I have recently developed a rash on the inside of my left leg. It looks like multiple bite marks from something or a rash; I am not sure. I thought that it might be due to bed bugs and the next day the same bumps or bite marks appeared on my stomach. It is even more around my right, and nothing is crazy or itchy. I am worried as I am not sure of what it could be. So far, it has been a total of three days now. Initially, I noticed it on the right side of my body. Please help.

#

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you apply a steroid like Clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturizing lotion in the ratio of 1:3 twice daily on the affected areas twice daily for 7 to 10 days and antihistamine tablet Cetirizine 10 mg twice daily for 7 to 10 days.
  • Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|