Q. Can I take Cetirizine and Paracetamol for fever?

Dr. Geethu Thomas
Published on Jul 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 22, 2018

When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You mentioned that you have the fever. You can use Paracetamol. You can take it up to three times a day and can stop if your temperature comes down.

Now, coming to Cetirizine, it is used for allergy, cold, etc. If you are having a flu type of fever, that is, fever with the cold or itchy throat, then yes you can use it along with the Paracetamol.

I suggest you take both the medicines together. You can use Levocetirizine, which avoids sleepiness. Hence, you can be focused in your work. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with their consent.

For further queries consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get an allergy testing done, either a skin prick or a blood comprehensive. Next, based on the allergens you are sensitive to, we can advise you on further course of action. With respect to getting tolerant to Cetirizine 10 mg, why not try Fexofenadine 120 or 180...  Read Full

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now