Q. I took Clonazepam for sleep disorder. I am feeling agitated,hyperactive and sometimes suicidal thoughts come in mind. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sleeping Problem or Sleep Disturbances? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

It was five years back when I encountered sleep problem for the first time, and at that point, I was doing a night shift. I consulted a doctor, and he suggested me the medicine Clonazepam 0.5 mg. I had continued Clonazepam 0.5 mg for 1 year. After more than a year, I got to know from a medical personnel that, Clonazepam is a sleeping pill, and I immediately stopped taking it. From then onwards, my sleeping problem increased. I was feeling agitated, mentally hyperactive, and sometimes suicidal thoughts came in mind. Sometimes I had difficulty breathing. Suddenly a year back, my work shift changed to day, and I have been able to sleep around 6 to 7 hours, up until two months back. Meanwhile, I also started taking omega-3 health supplement to tackle daily office stress. For a month, I have been able to sleep for 3 to 4 hours only and take a long time to fall asleep. It has been around 3 years that I am frustated with my sleep problem. What should I do?