Q. I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Noushif M and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Domperidone or Acid Reflux? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.