Q. My sense of smell has changed, and I hate the smell of meat, corn, and nuts. Please help.

Dr. J. N. Naidu

I first felt this last month. Suddenly I was not too fond of the smell of cooking, especially meat, chicken, corn, and nuts. My grandmother died that date, and we had to check her up every day until that day. I seldom go to sleep and sometimes sleep at 3 AM and wake up at 8 AM. We did it until the burial of my grandmother. It was two weeks. I got dizzy and tired. My sense of smell changed. I started hating the smell of certain food while cooking it until now. Sometimes there are some food that my body cannot take. My appetite decreased, and I suddenly lost my appetite even when I am eating well. I do not know what my condition is. Please help.

#

Any infection in the nasal sinuses can cause this problem. Probably you had a severe cold sometime before this problem. Bacterial infections and viral infections can cause this problem. I presume that you are free from any nasal conditions now. Gargle regularly with warm salt water at night. Brush teeth at night regularly. I suggest you Becosules Z (B-Complex Forte, Vitamin C, and Zinc) 10 capsules one capsule daily after dinner for ten days. Drink adequate water (two liters) daily. Please review after five days.

|