Q. Can blushing while getting too much attention be due to mental illness?

I am 18 years old and I have been having big problems with making friends since I was 7. I go to school and I do not talk at all (only if someone or teacher asks me something). I just cannot find any topics to talk to people and the worst is that I do not know what should I say back when I somehow succeed in starting the conversation. Besides all my life I feel like I am the one that jumps around people and tries to talk to them and they just do not care so I quickly give up and end up alone.

And my house is so stressful too, it is so loud because my parents scream so much and I spend most of the time locked in my room because when I hear them screaming it feels so stressful (all this stress is like sitting on my back and I cannot make it stop). Is it even possible for me to make friends? It has been half a year since school started and everyone is occupied by their friends. How can I stop blushing when I am given too much attention? Is it possible that I have some kind of mental illness or maybe autism?

#

First of all, this is not a serious mental issue. Just remain relaxed. You have social anxiety most likely and this anxiety is resulting in symptoms like blushing when you are getting attention, difficulty in making friends, etc. This is social anxiety and a lot of individuals of your age develop. So do not think that you have any abnormality. Just continue to make your efforts to make friends and you will gain confidence with time. No need to get worried.

|