Common "Social Anxiety Disorder" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Social Anxiety Disorder

Social anxiety disorder is characterized by extreme fear or anxiety to socialize, including fear of talking with people, meeting new people, and attending social gatherings. It is persistent and affects one's work, schooling, and relationships outside the family. Past negative experiences, family history, or serotonin imbalance can result in social anxiety disorder. Cognitive behavior therapy, group therapy, exposure therapy, getting adequate sleep, and avoiding caffeine help in its treatment.