Social Anxiety Disorder

Why am I unable to express my feelings and thoughts to others?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot speak about what is going in my mind. It is hard to express my feelings. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly elaborate your problem stating details like when did this issue start? What are the triggers and relieving factors? What efforts have you tried to stop this issue? This will help in understanding your problem and explaining the solution.  Read Full »

Why do I have the feelings of being judged?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have become extremely self-conscious and unproductive during the past one year. I do not feel sad, but I feel that I am not good enough. I have become reclusive and feel stupid. Initially, I was a very shy child. Then I become more confident and could ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feelings of being judged, self-consciousness, lack of confidence, etc., are the symptoms seen in depression. These symptoms are also seen commonly in social anxiety. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, etc., can help to reduce ...  Read Full »

I feel panic to face people in public. Is it fine to take Inderal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting panic to face people. I want to overcome it as it makes me sad. I am a teacher and this frustrates me when I have to say something in front of pupils. When I am in class I do not have a problem. But for example, when all the students gathered in the yard I used to avoid speak...  Read Full »

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and details you have mentioned clearly suggest social anxiety disorder. In social situations like speaking in front of a gathering, talking to someone of high reputation, speaking with opposite sex individuals develop anxiety symptoms like redness of fac...  Read Full »

I have lost confidence to talk with people. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old female. I have some problem due to some failures. I have lost confidence and whenever I write any exam my heartbeat and pulse increases and I start shivering despite I knew all the things. And when I meet any person I do not have enough confidence to talk with him free...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem is occurring due to poor confidence most likely due to social anxiety. Please visit a psychiatrist for help. SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) drugs like Escitalopram or Fluoxetine can be used to reduce the symptoms and will surely help you. ...  Read Full »

I have social anxiety and is it an essential one to get treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have social anxiety, but I am not sure if it is affecting my life enough to do anything about it. I do not want to tell my mom, but I am sure therapy would help as I am very insecure, have a negative mindset, and generally I am very paranoid of what others think. I do not kno...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are quite worried and frightened about your problems. Social anxiety is common, and it is all about what it does that affects the people more. Your worries about your inability to hold on to a job and avoiding social situations are valid. It is very ...  Read Full »

My face becomes red when I talk to someone. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21 years old and I have always been a shy person. When I was younger I used to sweat a lot because of it and I could barely speak with anyone. As I got older, I became more and more sociable, now I have got friends, I am getting along with everyone at work and I am feeling quite go...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you have mentioned like the history of shyness, palpitations and flushing of the face on talking with any new person, etc., are occurring most likely due to anxiety. This could be due to social anxiety. You are facing these problems in day to day routine...  Read Full »

Why do I get so intimidated by others?

Query: Male, 38 Years Old, Married, one child. Suffering following problems: difficult to sleep in night. always feel sleepy Memory Weak, forgets things very easily, low concentration, lethargic confusion in decision, low self esteem and low confidence, feel that i am good for nothing feels no one like...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello sir. Your symptoms are typical that are seen in major depressive disorder. It is very common and happens to about 1 in 4 males and 1 in 8 females. It happens due to reduced levels of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. Medicines...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and s...  Read Full »

I have nervousness and trembling while facing crowd with social phobia and anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I am feeling nervous as my legs get trembled whenever I face crowd or in the middle of the crowd. I am suffering with this fashion for the past 20 years. I consulted a number of psychiatrists and used number of anxiolytic (Alprazolam and Clonazepam) antidepres...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I like to confirm that the mentioned symptoms and problems are clearly indicative of social anxiety disorder also known as social phobia. Having said this I completely understand that social phobia is very much disabling for almost everyone, particularl...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control social anxiety.

Query: Hi doctor, My social anxiety is severe and disabling me. I would really like to gain adequate control of it. I have attached a brief history¬†of my psychiatric illnesses and previously tried pharmacotherapies. Is there anything else you would suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your issue. I have read the attached document carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As I can make out, over a period of time, your other symptoms have resolved quite a bit, but the social anxiety, emotional instability and lack of flu...  Read Full »