Q. Will in-patient treatment for young adults help for ADHD and social phobia?

Dr. Ajay Singh

I am 18 years old and I just started taking online college classes. I attempted to go to in-person classes but I had panic attacks and I dropped out. For the last two years, I only leave my apartment to go to the movie theater and grocery store. I also go to the doctors and therapists, but recently my mom and I made the decision to stop trying to find the right fit for therapist and just focus on school. I also am having problems going to my psychiatrist now. I live with my mom right now, but I would love to change that in the future. I do not know how to work towards that goal though. I was wondering if going to a two month in patient treatment facility for young adults would help? My official diagnoses are ADHD, social phobia, and depression. I also do not have any friends and sometimes have trouble feeling safe outside my room. (I am not actually in any danger, I just feel like I am).

#

As per details provided by you regarding your diagnosis, such patients tend to have difficulty in attention and concentration along with difficulty in facing social situations and anhedonia. The best course of treatment as per prevailing clinical guidelines is psychotropic medication along with psychotherapy. Because of your comorbid diagnoses, the medication and therapy may take more time than usual. But in 90 % of cases, it proves effective. Regarding in-patient treatment, you can go for that in case you feel that you have difficulty in compliance with outpatient medication and therapy.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|