Q. Can sperm pass through clothes and enter the vagina?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Some doctors say that sperm cannot go through clothes, but most say it's possible, just maybe not likely. My bf was fooling around on my vagina and he had tight underwear but thin, and thin pajama pants, and I had thin panties too, he ejaculated, is it possible for sperm to go through all that and into my vagina? i know that semen is more liquid so it might be semen without sperm?

# hi dear

good evening

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you

see it's not just about crossing a fabric it's also about life of a sperm post ejaculation in open. see in your case the guy ejaculated in his underwear and then his pants and then your underwear.

sperms survive for few seconds in open air. it's a separate thing when they are ejaculated inside an ideal temperature and humidity inside vagina that they survive.

see sperms are not supermen that they will cross all this and survive also and then fertilise an egg which then has to get implanted in uterus

this is not possible.

so enjoy and stay happy

you will not get pregnant in this case.

don't worry I am always there for you
thank you for your reply. i was concerned because some doctors say semen doesn't go through, but semen definitely can go through, and does go through, and everyone has so many different opinions, and also because they say that sperm required liquid distribution, which is confusing because semen IS liquid. if i may ask 2 follow up questions please: (1) some say if the underwear touching MY vagina is "saturated" with semen (containing sperm), then it's possible to get pregnant. i am not sure what "saturated" means in this context. does it mean totally soaked? (2) when you say that sperms survive for few seconds in open air and can't cross multiple layers and survive, do you think it matters how much time has passed? i'm not talking about my bf ejaculating and then coming on me. he was on top of me when it happened. thank you for clarifying and for your kindness. i feel stupid asking this.
# see after going through several research papers and consulting my friends and seniors the following are the answers to your questions:-

saturated means that it's wet from both sides and something like a wet cloth which has not been put to spin in washing machine.

yes it definitely matters how much time has passed for the sperm in open or inside an underwear as sperm motility gets adversely effected with every passing second. what I know is that maximum life is few minutes in open and that too depends upon factors like temperature, moisture, humidity, pollution etc. the time starts right after ejaculation.

you are safe don't worry.

see as you are already aware for getting pregnant the sperms have to be ejaculated inside the vagina of the female, the sperms must get a good egg which should get fertilized and then this fertilised egg should get implanted in uterus.

so see it's a complex process and it is not so simple to get pregnant.

don't worry I am always there for you

feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information

God bless

|