Sperm Motility

How does low linear progression in sperm analysis affect fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for a couple of months but unable to conceive a child. I have done a semen analysis test recently. I want to get the opinion of an andrologist over this report and discuss the treatment. I have got treated for varicocele ten years back.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sending your lab result (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can genuinely understand that you are worried because it is such a sensitive topic. I went through the results very carefully, and it does not look too bad. The morphology is fine,...  Read Full »

Based on my semen analysis, can you tell me if I am fertile?

Query: Please I need to check my semen analysis if i am able to conceive  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Your count is 30-32 millions/ mL it should be more than 15. Total motility is 60-63 % it should be more than 40%. Normal morphology is 12-30% it should be more than 4%. Your motile sperm count is 18 million/mL or more. it should be 6 or more. So your semen analysis report is normal in both the repor...  Read Full »

Does my semen analysis report indicate any fertility issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a semen analysis test to know if I have any fertility issues and want an opinion about my test results. I can share a copy of my test report.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your semen analysis result (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which showed sperm number, concentration, and motile sperms are normal. One issue is abnormal forms which are slightly less than usual it can reduce the chances of fertility as abn...  Read Full »

Is it possible for sperm to survive and pass through clothes and reach the vagina?

Query: Some doctors say that sperm cannot go through clothes, but most say it's possible, just maybe not likely. My bf was fooling around on my vagina and he had tight underwear but thin, and thin pajama pants, and I had thin panties too, he ejaculated, is it possible for sperm to go through all that and i...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good evening I fully understand your concern and will surely help you see it's not just about crossing a fabric it's also about life of a sperm post ejaculation in open. see in your case the guy ejaculated in his underwear and then his pants and then your underwear. sperms survive for fe...  Read Full »

Should we opt for IUI or IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, We have been trying to conceive for the past one year. But, we are failing due to thyroid and low motility sperm issue. We had a medical test and required your opinion on the report. Please suggest whether we can go IUI or IVF. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your semen analysis report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is evident that you have astheno-teratozoospermia with chronic bacterial infection and it is the reason for poor motility and increased pus cells. You should ideally be taking a cours...  Read Full »

What is the chance of pregnacy if the sperm motility is not good?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to conceive after trying for almost one year. I was diagnosed with pituitary microadenoma and I am on medication. My prolactin levels have now reached normal levels after two months taking medication. I suffer from hypothyroidism and on medication. I have had this for f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your prolactin and thyroid levels are well in control. What is missing in the follicular monitoring profile of the dummy cycle and also your husband's semen analysis test? You ...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant by having sex without penetration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I never had intercourse before. I was dating and my partner did oral sex and fingering for a few minutes. I am not too sure if he had semen on his hand or his hands were clean. I am really worried if this will lead to pregnancy. I am feeling stomach cramps on and off ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please tell me when was your last period, period pattern, and cycle length so that I can tell you about the chances of getting pregnant. If you had the act before a week it is too early to detect pregnancy. Please share the period details for further guidance.  Read Full »

What does the presence of pus cells in semen analysis suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, My semen analysis shows: Sperm Count - 98 millions/ml, Liquefaction time - 25 minutes, Reaction - alkaline. Motility: active - 70%, slugglish - 10%, non-motile - 20%. Morphology: Normal forms - 92%, abnormal forms - 8%. Other findings: Pus Cells 40-45/HPF. Semen culture also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you do not have symptoms of urinary infection like burning, frequency of urination, blood in urine or semen, you need not take any medicines. Immature sperms also appear like pus cells on microscopy. One good option is to repeat the semen analysis after one week. Do...  Read Full »

How to improve my sperm quality?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went through sperm analysis and noticed issues with my sperm motility and morphology. My sperm viability is 54 % (normal 58 %), motility score is 61 out of 150, normal oval heads is 2 % (normal 4 %), higher number of not moving sperm is noticed with (grade 0 = 59 %), in-pla...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your report. As you see, the count is normal. Motility and vitality are low. The main morphological problem is amorphous sperms. This would mean a good number of sperm are being produced, by the testis, but on the way to the penis, which takes about tw...  Read Full »

What causes watery semen?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a semen analysis today. Though I had not ejaculated for the past five days, still the semen was very watery. It was probably because I was not comfortable with the clinic and it was a forced ejaculation. Please check the reports and suggest the interpretation of the same. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The semen sample will not be affected by the condition in which you have collected it or the stressed mental state. As per this report, the semen is not getting liquefied as it is deficient in some enzymes. So, the motility of the sperms is low as...  Read Full »