Spermatic Cord Enlargement

The spermatic cord gets enlarged or inflamed in the condition called funiculitis. It can get inflamed due to trauma or viral or bacterial infection.

What is the reason for a soft bubble on the scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and my height is 6 feet and weight is 227 lbs. I have a soft bubble on the scrotum, and I am curious. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Hira Chaudhry

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I am glad that you did not neglect your symptoms and decided to contact a physician. A bubble-like scrotal mass can indicate several conditions. If it is filled with clear or milky fluid and is painless, it might be a spermatocele. It develops...  Read Full »

Can I continue Banocide for a swelling on the testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I suddenly noticed a grape size swelling on the top of my right testicle. It is not attached to the testis, but above it towards the top of the scrotal sack. I went to a urologist and he asked me to do an USG. The USG showed a thickened right spermatic cord with cystic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have sent, I believe that you had an attack of epididymitis and funiculitis (spermatic cord inflammation), which is usually due to filarial infection. The treating doctor has correctly prescribed Banocide (Diethyl carbamazine), which you should contin...  Read Full »

What causes stomach pain and testicle pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old. I was never sick, I never go to a doctor. I do not take medications. I have worked out for 30 years five times a week. Nothing real heavy these days (treadmill three times a week - fast walking). Symptoms started about a month ago with intermittent dull stomach pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per me, there are two possibilities. You just need to rule out varicocele (less chances). These symptoms are due to musculoskeletal origin from groin (because of workout and running). This is quite common in people who do regular workout and exercises. I wi...  Read Full »

How is enlarged spermatic cord treated?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 42 year old male. In my right testicle, I think spermatic cord is enlarged. I do not have any pain. The right testicle feels firm and spermatic cord feels hard.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed funiculitis which is inflammation of the spermatic cord. You will need a course of antibiotics. Please revert back with more details for further guidance.  Read Full »

Why is the tip of my penis burning?

Query: Dear doctor,I am 29 years old and since two months, I am suffering from lower abdominal pain and burning of penis tip. The case is as follows: At first when I got this, I was having severe penis burning and a swollen meatus with abdominal pain. So, my GP gave me medicine for UTI and also gave few te...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I have read everything and also seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Funiculitis is basically inflammation/infection of spermatic cord which lies above the testis. So, you have inflammation of spermatic cord. It ...  Read Full »

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also. Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support. The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abd...  Read Full »

How to identify if there is any tumor or inflammation in the spermatic cord?

Query: Hi doctor, I have funiculitis. I have a typical swelling in the spermatic cord, and the pain comes and goes. I am suffering from this issue for the past five years. How to know if there is any tumor or inflammation or injury? Which test should I get? Initially, I had Ofloxacin course with marginal h...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think ultrasound of scrotum is greatly helpful. It may turn out to be completely normal also. Do you have a fever or any urinary symptoms?   Read Full »