Q. How to identify if there is any tumor or inflammation in the spermatic cord?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

I have funiculitis. I have a typical swelling in the spermatic cord, and the pain comes and goes. I am suffering from this issue for the past five years. How to know if there is any tumor or inflammation or injury? Which test should I get? Initially, I had Ofloxacin course with marginal healing and now, under homeopathy treatment.

#

• I think ultrasound of scrotum is greatly helpful. It may turn out to be completely normal also.
  • Do you have a fever or any urinary symptoms?

USG scrotum.

Revert with the reports to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Should I get a routine ultrasound of the scrotum or colored ultrasound? Is there any specification for the test as it is on the right side? Sometimes, the testicle is enlarged with radiating pain towards the lower right side of the stomach.

#

• First, the radiologist will have a look with a high-frequency probe. If he finds any abnormality, then he will himself take the aid of a doppler to characterize any abnormality if found.
  • I think we will discuss management of this and pain after seeing the USG report.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|