Q. My right testicle and spermatic cord area are enlarged. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Hydrocele or Testicular Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My right testicle and spermatic cord area are enlarged. Please help.

Hello Doctor,

I am a 42 year old male. In my right testicle, I think spermatic cord is enlarged. I do not have any pain. The right testicle feels firm and spermatic cord feels hard.

Related Questions:
Why has my left testicle grown big after injection of fat into penis?
Can disc herniation cause testicular pain and make my testicles to retract?
Early Pregnancy Calculator @Home

Dr. Sameer Kumar
Infertility, Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You seem to have developed funiculitis which is inflammation of the spermatic cord. You will need a course of antibiotics.

Please revert back with more details for further guidance.


Thank you doctor for the answer to my initial question.

I am out of town for a week and I will not be able to meet my doctor. I am stressed about my issue. Now I can fully explain my problem.

My right testicle and spermatic cord area are extremely (inflamed) enlarged. I have been measuring the testicle with my caliper and it goes back and forth from 2.800'' to 3.020" across. The testicle is firm and the sperm area feels very firm if not hard.

If I squeeze hard on the sperm cord area, it makes the testicle larger, but then after doing that it makes the sperm cord area more swollen. The testicle does illuminate a light reddish orange with no darkness that I can see. The spermatic cord enlargement goes half way up to my belt line.

If I dig up far enough, it seems I can get to the top of it. My penis seems to pull itself inward while I am working. I do have some pain in my testicles and the spermatic cord area and sometimes between my testicles and my anus. But that is only while I am driving my work truck bouncing around and with my jeans crotch seam pushing against my crotch.

It also kind of feels like the enlargement is pushing on my urethra. I am not urinating more than usual. Sometimes, there is a mild burn in the tip of my penis while urinating, but I do not know if it is from this or the fact that I only get to use a bathroom twice a day in a 14 hour work day.

Is their anything I can do while waiting to see my doctor?

Any insight would be great so that I can have some peace of mind until I can see my family physician. I do not want any permanent damage to any organs or anything.

Please help.


Dr. Sameer Kumar
Infertility, Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to icliniq.com,

After going through your description, it appears that your scrotal size has really increased.

The presence of illumination in the form of orange color through the scrotal skin indicates a possible hydrocele or fluid in the tunica vaginalis layer of the scrotum.

This can be secondary to injury to the scrotum either in the form of direct injury or while having bouncy rides in your truck.

The inflammation and the pain in the spermatic cord is definitely due to funiculitis or infection of the spermatic cord which has become taut and swollen up on pressure.

This has to be controlled first with antibiotics for 2 weeks. The swelling should reduce after the following treatment:

Take these Tablets:

  1. Tablet Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 14 days,
  2. Tablet Tinidazole 500mg twice a day for 14 days,
  3. Tablet Vitamin C one tablet thrice a day for 2 weeks

You can apply cold compresses over the scrotum to reduce inflammation.

Also a scrotal bandage or tight under garments should be worn to allow support so that the swelling does not increase further.

The aim is to reduce infection and inflammation first and then evaluate for hydrocele with a transillumination test (which you have already done yourself showing orange tinge in scrotum, hence positive) and second fluid test and an ultrasound scrotum to confirm the diagnosis.

If hydrocele is left untreated for longtime, then it can cause decreased sperm production and can be a cause for male infertility.

Hydrocele would need to be operated upon and the sac has to be surgically excised and fluid drained. That should relieve your symptom permanently.

So, you can start these medicines, then by next 2 weeks when you meet your physician, you should be infection free so that evaluation and treatment can become easier and surgery can be performed early.

For further clarifications, consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

What is the reason for testicular pain and burning sensation in the leg?
Query: Hi doctor,Actually, I feel sometimes pain in my right testicle for last two months. Sometimes also feel burning sensation, weakness, heaviness in the right leg. For past four months, I was under severe stress, anxiety, and depression due to an unprotected sexual exposure .five months back. It caused...  Read Full »
Dr. Archana
General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain can happen due to any cause like a simple infection of virus or bacteria. So you do not have to worry about it. The burning sensation of the leg could be due to some allergy or something. Your problems are in mind and not the body. You are anxious and gu...  Read Full »
From the USG report, is my testicle size normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am attaching my USG report, which I had two months before. Is my testicle size normal? Please give me correct answer as I need to go for a medical examination next month. Can I pass the medical exam? I am also attaching medical pro forma. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The size of the testicle is normal, but there is a mild hydrocele (swollen scrotum) and left side grade 1 varicocele. The pro forma you have submitted shows that they will exami...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

What is the cause for scoliosis and leg trembling?
Hi doctor, When I was 10 years old, I had spine surgery for removing a lipoma tumor. I was fine before surgery. After th ...Read more »
Why does puberphonia occur?
Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My voice sounds like a girl's voice. Whenever someone hears my voice over the phone, ...Read more »
Effects of Sleep on Your Health
'Quality sleep' is the key to a healthy life. People with an imbalance in their sleep-wake cycle usually lead a disorien ...Read more »