Q. My right testicle and spermatic cord area are enlarged. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

Hello Doctor,

I am a 42 year old male. In my right testicle, I think spermatic cord is enlarged. I do not have any pain. The right testicle feels firm and spermatic cord feels hard.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You seem to have developed funiculitis which is inflammation of the spermatic cord. You will need a course of antibiotics.

Please revert back with more details for further guidance.

| 

Thank you doctor for the answer to my initial question.

I am out of town for a week and I will not be able to meet my doctor. I am stressed about my issue. Now I can fully explain my problem.

My right testicle and spermatic cord area are extremely (inflamed) enlarged. I have been measuring the testicle with my caliper and it goes back and forth from 2.800'' to 3.020" across. The testicle is firm and the sperm area feels very firm if not hard.

If I squeeze hard on the sperm cord area, it makes the testicle larger, but then after doing that it makes the sperm cord area more swollen. The testicle does illuminate a light reddish orange with no darkness that I can see. The spermatic cord enlargement goes half way up to my belt line.

If I dig up far enough, it seems I can get to the top of it. My penis seems to pull itself inward while I am working. I do have some pain in my testicles and the spermatic cord area and sometimes between my testicles and my anus. But that is only while I am driving my work truck bouncing around and with my jeans crotch seam pushing against my crotch.

It also kind of feels like the enlargement is pushing on my urethra. I am not urinating more than usual. Sometimes, there is a mild burn in the tip of my penis while urinating, but I do not know if it is from this or the fact that I only get to use a bathroom twice a day in a 14 hour work day.

Is their anything I can do while waiting to see my doctor?

Any insight would be great so that I can have some peace of mind until I can see my family physician. I do not want any permanent damage to any organs or anything.

Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com,

After going through your description, it appears that your scrotal size has really increased.

The presence of illumination in the form of orange color through the scrotal skin indicates a possible hydrocele or fluid in the tunica vaginalis layer of the scrotum.

This can be secondary to injury to the scrotum either in the form of direct injury or while having bouncy rides in your truck.

The inflammation and the pain in the spermatic cord is definitely due to funiculitis or infection of the spermatic cord which has become taut and swollen up on pressure.

This has to be controlled first with antibiotics for 2 weeks. The swelling should reduce after the following treatment:

Take these Tablets:

1. Tablet Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 14 days,
  2. Tablet Tinidazole 500mg twice a day for 14 days,
  3. Tablet Vitamin C one tablet thrice a day for 2 weeks

You can apply cold compresses over the scrotum to reduce inflammation.

Also a scrotal bandage or tight under garments should be worn to allow support so that the swelling does not increase further.

The aim is to reduce infection and inflammation first and then evaluate for hydrocele with a transillumination test (which you have already done yourself showing orange tinge in scrotum, hence positive) and second fluid test and an ultrasound scrotum to confirm the diagnosis.

If hydrocele is left untreated for longtime, then it can cause decreased sperm production and can be a cause for male infertility.

Hydrocele would need to be operated upon and the sac has to be surgically excised and fluid drained. That should relieve your symptom permanently.

So, you can start these medicines, then by next 2 weeks when you meet your physician, you should be infection free so that evaluation and treatment can become easier and surgery can be performed early.

For further clarifications, consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|