Q. Why is there numbness in the hands after so many years of accident?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

My brother met with an accident 20 years ago. Now, he has some numbness in his hands. We have attached the reports of the scan had recently. Kindly suggest treatment.

#

I have carefully reviewed the uploaded MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It indicates cervical spinal cord compression in the cervical region. This compression is responsible for his hand numbness.

For this reason, I recommend consulting a neurosurgeon and discussing a decompressive surgery and other possible treatment options.

Meanwhile, it is necessary holding a cervical collar.

At the lumbar spine region, there are also some similar problems. But they are not related to the hand numbness.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|