Q. Why is there numbness in the hands after so many years of accident?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Dec 25, 2017

My brother met with an accident 20 years ago. Now, he has some numbness in his hands. We have attached the reports of the scan had recently. Kindly suggest treatment.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I have carefully reviewed the uploaded MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It indicates cervical spinal cord compression in the cervical region. This compression is responsible for his hand numbness.

For this reason, I recommend consulting a neurosurgeon and discussing a decompressive surgery and other possible treatment options.

Meanwhile, it is necessary holding a cervical collar.

At the lumbar spine region, there are also some similar problems. But they are not related to the hand numbness.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full

Is ligament laxity a side effect of Sevoflurane?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had spine surgery for a herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, but ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use, and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevofluran...  Read Full

What is non-FDG avid in a PET scan of a breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother had breast cancer 13 years back, and this year again she has been diagnosed with bone only metastasis as per the report. She is currently on Letrozole and Ibrance for the last five months. Initially there was bone pain near pelvic, and so did the ultrasound, in that it came mini...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding the new findings on CT PET Scan of your mother. She is having multiple bony metastases proven radiologically and pathologically. The generalized mesenteric and omental haziness with raised tumor markers Ca 125 / CEA, these finding...  Read Full