Q. What does the MRI taken for severe pain and dizziness indicate?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
Published on Jul 23, 2019

MRI C6/C7 posterior annular fissures with broad-based bulge impinging anterior CSF space. I need guidance on this as I am in immense pain and dizzy all the time.

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your query in detail and the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). C6-7 disc shows a significant abnormality, fissures, and bulge, causing indentation over the thecal sac. This is the root cause of the excruciating pain that you are getting.

If the pain management measures have failed, then definitely you need surgery. Surgical decompression of the compressed nerve by endoscopic decompressive surgery is the best possible treatment at present (avoid getting an open spine surgery done). And I do feel, that you should consult a neurosurgeon and get the surgery done as early as possible for a faster and good recovery. I hope your question has been answered.

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With this report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely. Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon. Doctors will do o...  Read Full

Is ligament laxity a side effect of Sevoflurane?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had spine surgery for a herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, but ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use, and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevofluran...  Read Full

My symptoms of paresthesia persist even after decompression surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a compressed nerve in the fibula head for almost 2 years following an operation to lengthen my right leg. The pain was only on and off seemingly after a certain activity. Over time, I could increase the activity level before getting the same symptoms, but then stop improving. M...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. The possible reason for persistent symptoms is there has been a longstanding compression on your nerves. So, the nerve would have been damaged subtly. It may not be that extensive damage, which would be demonstrated in the NCV study (nerve con...  Read Full

Ask a Spine Health Specialist Now