Spondylitis

Can a child with spondylolisthesis play sports?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-year-old daughter just found out she has grade 3 spondylolisthesis. I am assuming she is done ever playing sports again?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think there will be any problem in playing sports when she grows up if she takes adequate precautions. Spondylitis is not a disease. It is not curable. If she takes proper care and does some exercises she will definitely recover. You should also consult some phys...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »

I have a congenital malformation of the L5 lamina, retrolisthesis and spondylitis.Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, 6 feet tall, and I weigh 215 pounds. Based upon an MRI scan 3 years ago, I have a congenital malformation of the L5 lamina, retrolisthesis and spondylitis. Degenerative disc in L3 L4 and L5 S1, slight curvature is seen in my neck. For the most part it is a nuis...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Due to compression of nerve root there can be tingling sensation, numbness and pain in your arm. Also there is large disc bulge which is compressing over spinal cord. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. ...  Read Full »

I have lower back pain in the mornings. Can you interpret my X-ray?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lower back pain in the morning and from recently, I cannot bend and I have weak legs and pain in the calves, hips, and hamstrings. I did some X-ray. Can you interpret it?  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your X-rays indicate changes of spondylitis in the form of disc space reduction and osteophytes. For the symptoms you have, I would recommend an MRI of the lumbar spine with whole spine scree...  Read Full »