Q. Why do I have light pink colored discharge?

Dr. Tara Devi

I have a light pink colored discharge for almost three weeks. Usually, it will go off, but this time it has not gone. I am expecting menstrual cycle for two weeks. My color is generally brown before and after my period. My PAP test was fine. I always use condoms on and off with my partner. There is no pain, cramping or smell.

Dr. Tara Devi

Family Physician Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have the discharge for three weeks, it has to be evaluated. It is good to hear that your PAP smear (papanicolaou test) is normal. You may have spotting due to some hormonal imbalance or uterine pathology. Do serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), serum beta hCG (Human chorionic gonadotrophin) and serum prolactin blood test on an empty stomach in the morning to see if you have any hormonal imbalance. Do USG (ultrasonography) pelvis by transvaginal scan to look for polyp in uterine cavity or cervix, thickened endometrium. Let me know your report after getting them.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|