Q. Is spotting due to I-pill or early pregnancy symptoms?

Dr. Sweta Singh

I had unprotected sex five month back and took I-pill within 12 to 14 hours. I have done home tests on the sixth and ninth day which were negative. I had brown spotting on the 13th day and some spotting today as well. My last period was ten days before having sex. Is the spotting due to the I-pill or it could be early pregnancy symptoms? Also, how late can someone get spotting due to the I-pill as in my case it is over ten days?

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Well, the best way to find out whether this is spotting due to pregnancy or I-pill is by doing a simple blood test namely the serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) to rule out pregnancy. Please share the report when ready. Home pregnancy tests are not very accurate. With regards to the duration till when one can get I-pill related. Spotting or bleeding following I-pill intake is highly unpredictable. If the blood test is negative for pregnancy, I suggest you not to worry and also avoid using I-pill as a regular contraceptive.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|