Q. A 5-year-old child has stomach ache around the navel area from time to time?

Answered by Dr. Vishal Parmar and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Stomach Pain or Worm Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 5 year old daughter has stomach aches around the navel area that happens from time to time. It lasts a few minutes each time and goes away. Abdominal X-ray and ultrasound were done and has not found any abnormalities or umbilical hernia. Stomach pain starts while eating or drinking and also at random times. Other symptoms including the passing of stools about four to five times a day, including while having a meal.

A most recent development within the last week has had several accidents and says she did not feel it coming. This is not normal for her. No other emotional distress could be a reason.