Q. Please suggest ways to prevent the symptoms of piles from recurring.

Dr. Mohammad Rajja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2021

I am having a problem with piles. I have mild bleeding only at the time of defecation which is seen on the toilet paper while wiping. There is no bleeding seen on my stool. Sometimes, I have constipation. But my motion is not hard. I am facing this issue for six months. It happened three to four times in the last six months. I have sharp pain only at the time of defecation. Right now, I am taking Arshkalp tablet twice a day and Abhayarishta along with amla juice in the early morning on an empty stomach for the last 20 days. I have some relief. I do not have any bleeding after taking these medications. But I am afraid whether it can come back after stopping them. Are these medicines safe for long-term use? How long it takes to get rid of it after taking these ayurvedic medicines? Please mention the duration of these medicines.

#

You seem to have frequent constipation. Avoid having constipation. It reduces to have hard stools. Hard stools are the major cause of piles. It occurs due to the rubbing of the internal anal structure regularly. Frequent rubbing of hard stools causes piles. You need to do stool R/M/E (routine and microscopic examination), H.pylori (Helicobacter pylori) test, USG (ultrasound) of the whole abdomen, proctoscopy to find out injury, and FNAC (fine-needle aspiration cytology) of piles. You can take tablet Ornidazole 500 mg twice a day for seven days, and syrup Lactulose 20 ml once daily at night for 30 days. You can use Nitroglycerin cream in the anal area. You can use Laboderm OC cream (Terbinafine, Clobestol, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) for infection. Have a sitz bath with hot water and Betadine.

|