Strabismus

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have double elevator palsy. It is also known as monocular elevation deficit with ptosis. You are right in saying that superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles are non-functioning. The only treatment is surgery. We operate squint first, and Knapp surgery is require...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having double vision and is it preventable?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced double vision in a 100-mile trail run around 18 hours into the race. The double vision cleared after 20 minutes of closing my eyes in the medical tent. After a week, I saw an ophthalmologist who did a few tests and concluded that it was eye fatigue. I experienced double vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Rasmi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have phoria (not strabismus) and the fatigue in eye muscle cause double vision. I advise you to decrease the effort. Take good time to rest and use vitamin B (1,6,12) and keep your vision good (always about 20/20) by glasses or without any problem in y...  Read Full »

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query at icliniq.com. We have to check whether your vision is equal in both the eyes. If the vision is equal in both the eyes and the problem is only with the Squint Eyes(Crossed eye/Strabismus), then it can be brought back to normal by a surgery. If the vision is bad ...  Read Full »

Will squint surgery improve vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My left eye is not entirely blind, but if I watch a powerful light, I just see a low white light. This problem is about 23 years. Is it due to retinal detachment and it has become squint heavily. I repaired my detachment with scleral buckle nine months ago, and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can undergo squint correction surgery in your left eye. However, this will purely be a cosmetic surgery. There will be no improvement in your left eye vision. Also, there will be a possibility of recurrence of squint in left eye after surgery, as the eye is almost bli...  Read Full »