Strenuous Exercise

Why was there blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has seen just a pinch of blood while urinating. He immediately went to the doctor and they asked him to take some tests. I am attaching the reports. Please tell me if anything is serious. He does heavy gyming and running as well.  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your urine report. First of all do not panic This is occasionally hematuria from the external urethral tract, not from kidney due to heavy exercise, mild trauma or ureteric stone. In the urine report, no blood is detected, it is completely normal. If he has...  Read Full »

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cardiovascular status that is heart and lung functions are fine, then you can go for laparoscopic surgery. That is cosmetically better and less invasive. The scar will be much bigger in open, so chances of scar rupture and dehiscence are higher in open. The pos...  Read Full »

I have rapid heart rate and dizziness after doing strenuous activity. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, About a year ago, I had a long break from doing any type of fitness. About five months ago, I started doing more things again, mainly little things like going out to hang out with my horses, and going to a therapist for a bit. Then around two or three months ago, I decided to go to a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nishant Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, you feel dizzy when you do strenuous work or when the temperature changes (I guess when it becomes hotter) and when it is humid. As you feel nauseated. And you said that all blood reports with thyroid reports are also normal. The chances are this i...  Read Full »