Q. I cannot sleep well and I have ankle pain at night. Why?

Dr. K V Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am 25 years old, have a job and study besides. I cannot sleep well when I come home. I wake up every one hour. I also have terrible pain in my ankle at night and in the morning but disappears during the day. Moreover, I have a high temper and worry a lot about everything.

#

From the given symptoms, it is not possible to zero in on the exact cause of your present condition. But because you have mentioned you work as well as study and have a tight schedule, the sleeplessness could be due to the stress you are experiencing. We cannot yet say it is stress disorder. But it has to be stress-related.

Regarding the ankle pain, when the muscles relax, it pains and when it is stretched there is no pain. It has to be arthritic kind of pain. For that, I suggest you consult an orthopedic.

For stress, you should try to reduce the stress you are taking now. Learn relaxation techniques. Start physical exercises and be calm. I suggest you consult a psychologist online or in person. There is no need to worry. Take care.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|