Q. Can you please suggest a medicine for a stye that will make it go away by tomorrow?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

I have a stye on the outer lid of my right eye, and it hurts whenever I blink my eyes. It has been three days since the stye has appeared, and there is swelling with pus inside the stye. Can you please suggest any medicine for the stye to disappear in a day or two? I am worried, please help me with this problem.

#

I read your query and can understand your concern.

I suggest you give warm compressions to the eye with the stye at least twice a day to make you feel better and start taking a painkiller twice a day for five days. In addition, I recommend taking tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice a day for five days. After that, your stye will go away completely. Do follow up after two days.

|