Eye Pain

Will refractive error of the eye cause intense pain in the eye and head?

Query: Hi doctor, One of my close friends has been suffering from intense eye pain and headache for the past three to four days. She is taking Paracetamol 500 mg for headaches and using Lubricant eye drops for eye pain. But still, there is no relaxation from the pain. It might be that the spectacle power ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intense pain is never due to refractive error. Can you please send me a close-up picture of her eyes without the flash? So that I can guide you accordingly.  Read Full »

Why does my eye keep on watering?

Query: Hi doctor, I waked up in the morning with eye pain in my right eye. I think that I have hair stuck in it. I am unable to open it. It hurts a lot when I move my eyes around or while trying to open it.   Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have two probable causes. You can have a foreign body on the top of the cornea or conjunctiva or under the eyelid. You can examine your eyes by seeing a mirror. If you see anything like a foreign body, then wash your eyes using water. Unknowingly, you ca...  Read Full »

Why does it pain when I touch my left eye socket and eyebrow bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about my right eye. While touching my eye socket and eyebrow bone, I have an uncomfortable feeling. I have tried applying warm compresses and anti-bacterial eye drops. But nothing helps me. It has been three days now. I do not have any redness or discharge or swelling. B...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frontal sinuses are located just above the orbit of the eyeball. Tenderness on pressing eyebrows indicates sinusitis. Please mention whether you had a cold or a blocked or stuffy nose recently. This is the most common reason for having sinusitis. Have a steam inhalation...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my eyes and a bad taste in my mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my eyes. The taste of my mouth irritates me a lot and I am not having an urge to eat anything. I think that my body is hot but I am not having a fever.  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for having a bad taste in your mouth is due to poor oral hygiene. Improper brushing and flossing can cause gingivitis. It can cause a bad taste in your mouth. Dental problems such as infections, abscesses, and eruption of wisdom teeth can also cau...  Read Full »

Why is my right eye red and painful to touch?

Query: Hi doctor, I have redness in my left eye. After applying pressure on my eyes, I have pain.   Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A painful red eye can occur due to various causes. I suggest you send detailed information regarding your condition with pictures. Have a follow-up with more details.   Read Full »

Can a nerve problem cause episodes of headaches, nausea, and eye pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. I have headaches for a couple of days. It comes and goes on and off. I had nausea for a short period of time yesterday. I managed it by taking some food. Sometimes I have on and off eye pain. My left eye has twitching and tingling. I have a slight imbalance while g...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from episodes of headache with nausea that is not present every day. You also have left eye pain with twisting and tingling. You have an imbalance in the body while getting up with tingling in the throat and genitals. You have coldness over your fo...  Read Full »

Do migraines have something to do with my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old female. I have a little high pressure in my eyes (I saw a specialist about this), but I get this pain in my eyes or behind my eyes. My specialist says the pain has nothing to do with the pressure in my eyes. I get pain in one eye and sometimes both eyes. I usually take ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. This can be due to increased pressure in your eyes, as mentioned, and you feel such pain. I am not sure about migraines, but they can be associated with your vision, so I suggest you visit an ophthalmologist and test for your eyes. They will u...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the corner of the eye with itching?

Query: Hi doctor,I have eye pain for three days. I have pain on the inner corner of the right eye. I feel the pain whenever I blink. Sometimes I have itchiness.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the photograph, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have inflammation on the eyelid. It is called Hordeolum which might be internal or external. You can use a hot compress with warm water and cotton three times a day along wi...  Read Full »

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 70 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I have weird symptoms nowadays. I have occasional headaches for the past two weeks. I also have pain in my left eyes. I usually do dancing and exercise every day. But today, I just went for a jo...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned your routine activities and work hours. It seems that you have migraine headaches. The most common causes are stress and lack of sleep. Both these factors are present in your case. First of all, try to monitor your sleep pattern and any added stress w...  Read Full »

Kindly help with my severe eye pain with allergic conjunctivitis.

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the eye doctor for eye inflammation due to the medication that I use. Due to ongoing conjunctivitis, I went back to the clinic more often, but they tell me to come back. I recently developed severe eye pain in both eyes. Can this be caused by too many eye numbing drops? The...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain your condition in detail so that I can help you. You say you have been going to the doctor because you have conjunctivitis caused by a medication you are on. What medication are you on and why? For how long have you been taking it? And how often? So ...  Read Full »