Eye Pain

Kindly help with my severe eye pain with allergic conjunctivitis.

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the eye doctor for eye inflammation due to the medication that I use. Due to ongoing conjunctivitis, I went back to the clinic more often, but they tell me to come back. I recently developed severe eye pain in both eyes. Can this be caused by too many eye numbing drops? The...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain your condition in detail so that I can help you. You say you have been going to the doctor because you have conjunctivitis caused by a medication you are on. What medication are you on and why? For how long have you been taking it? And how often? So ...  Read Full »

Do I need glasses for my strained eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do my eyes squint even in dull light? I am on my computer all day, so I thought it might be strained eyes. Sometimes when I go near a window with sunlight, I can get this intense pain in my eyes. Do I need glasses, or is this a dry eye issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How old are you? And how long have you been facing this problem? Has it been the same, or it increases with time? Do you have any known error of refraction? I would say two things. First, I believe your eyes are strained from the computer, and it is dry. Second, ...  Read Full »

What should be done for eye pain and redness due to injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's right eye is reddish due to hit by my 3-year-old son while playing. She has reddishness and pain since this morning. I need advice as we could not reach any doctor out here. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage from the image, but I would appreciate it if you could send a more clear picture which I can enlarge to confirm. Is her vision n...  Read Full »

Why does my eye keep on watering?

Query: Hi, I woke up this morning with eye pain in my right eye. Feels like there’s hair stuck in it but much worse. Can’t open it with it watering. Hurts when I move my eye around or try to open it.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query and sorry to hear about your situation. From what you're describing, it sounds like either of two most probable causes, assuming this is the first time it's happening. The first is that there might be something (foreign body) on top of the cornea ( central part of the ey...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my grandma's eye pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 88-year-old grandmother is unable to get an appointment with her eye doctor because of this current pandemic. Over the past couple of weeks, she claims to be almost entirely blind. She has some degenerative eye disorder, but I am not sure what it is. She takes a lot of Lumigan drop...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Has she been operated on for a cataract? Because that can also be a reason for decreasing vision. Can you please share her earlier prescription and reports? Does she have IOP earlier?  Read Full »

Why does it pain when I touch my left eye socket and eyebrow bone?

Query: Goodmorning Doc, My concern here is my right eye. When i touch my eyesocket and my eyebrow bone there is uncomfortable feeling. I already sleep and applied warm compress I also use anti bacterial eyedrops but nothing happened it is already three days. Also There is no redness or discharge or swelli...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, The frontal sinuses are located just above the orbit of the eyeball. Tenderness on pressing the brow might indicate presence of sinusitis. Have you had a cold recently or suffer from blocked or stuffy nose often, then that could be the most common reason. Try steam inhalation thrice a day fo...  Read Full »

What could cause painful and swollen red eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red-eye, and watery fluid comes out of it. The eyelids are swollen on both top and bottom, and it is painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I have a few questions to help come to a diagnosis. How many days since this occurred? Was it sudden or developed over some time, like a couple of days? Is there any sticky yellow discharge? Is there any sensatio...  Read Full »

How to get rid of eye pain and headaches with dots in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, Our 10-year-old daughter has been complaining of eye pain or sore eyes for the last six months. She says that she sees dots and often gets headaches. GP suggested a reduction in screen time and possible anxiety. She was referred to an Ophthalmologist, but due to COVID-19, it has been ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern about eye pain. If you could upload the spectacle prescription and a photo of the grey patches, I can better understand your concern. Eye pain and headache without an associated pink eye might be related to eyestrain e...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain while wearing my glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-years-old male. Four months back, I got my new eye prescription. The eye power for my right eye is 5.5, and the left eye is 3.5. For the past ten days, I am feeling pain in my forehead wearing my glasses. I went to my eye doctor and had my eye test done again. The doctor thorou...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your case is a classical case of the wrong power of glasses. It can be either a mistake from the optometrist or doctor who has given you a power prescription. Or it may be the error in the making of glass. So I advise you to get your glasses checked by lensometer. Al...  Read Full »

Why is my contact lens not comfortable?

Query: Hi doctor, Since I started using my new contact lens, I feel some pain in my right eye when I was blinking every time. As my eye is watering, I took my contacts out and now I am fine. I keep cleaning my contact lens and nothing is there, but still it irritates me. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every time you wear a contact lens, some protein gets deposited on its surface, which decreases oxygen permeability. Hence, a cleaning regimen is prescribed. What is the type of your lens? Is that a daily or monthly or six monthly disposable? Is it the first time you are ...  Read Full »