Eye Pain

My right eye is bigger than my left. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

My mother is having severe pain and swelling below her eyes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having severe pain in my eyes for two days. Swelling below eyes and headache also. She is not having eye problem but use specs for eyes sight. Please suggest effective medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain, along with headache, suggest, increases eye pressure. I will tell medicines for relief for now, but tomorrow you have to see an ophthalmologist in person. Start with, 1. Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times. 2. Tablet Acetazolamide 250 mg stat a...  Read Full »

I have severe eye pain with fever, throat pain and dry mouth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from fever since last three days. I got Lanol ER 650 mg tablet three times for fever, and Rantac medicine two times as an antibiotic. I am not getting any better with this. My throat has some pain and my mouth is going dry even if I drink water, and yesterday my eyes st...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are using a Paracetamol tablet to decrease fever and inflammation. You are also using Rantac that is antacid and not an antibiotic. Your symptoms are suggestive of viral pharyngitis most likely. I suggest you take Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days to relieve cong...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse due to pain in the corner of my left eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long ...  Read Full »

I got a hit on my eye and caused swelling, redness, pain and blurred vision. What I should do?

Query: Hello doctor,I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?   Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend ...  Read Full »

Does eye pain while watching TV indicate the need for glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 years old daughter has an inward turn in her right eye after concentrating for a while. We had an eye test recently. Can you tell me if her results mean she needs glasses as she keeps saying her eyes hurt watching television and readings of her results are: Right eye sph +1.50 cy...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very normal refractive condition of a 4-year-old child and I would not advise correction. However, you might want to consider reducing the time watching TV along with the brightness of the screen after sunset. Reduced blinking might lead to drying up of the...  Read Full »

Why does my one eye look bigger with associated pain?

Query: Hey doctor, In previous one year my right eye is looking bigger than other and it is paining sometime. Why does it happen and the solution for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The two common causes of such a presentation could be that either: 1. One of your eyes is either big in size. 2. That the eyelids of your other eye have swollen up or one is pushed out or one eye has a squint, giving an apparent prominence of the other. Both cause...  Read Full »

What can be done for eye redness and pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My left eyes touched the wall and became red and when trying to close the eyes, I feel a little pain in the left corner of the eye. Please advise me what kind of medicine I can take now.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I advise you again wash your eyes in running water for around 15 to 20 minutes. Over-the-counter medication which can be used is 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate (refresh tears eyedrops). I advise you to visit an ophthalmologist if you ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in eye with mild pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I have eye pain in left side eye, minor or weird feel in the left side or have mild pressure on side of the eye. It is nearly there for the past four days. It is very awkward. Please help. Is it a sign of concern or anything else?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different causes of mild pain in the eye. It may be due to some foreign body or decrease to increased intraocular pressure in the eye. Some times people with sinusitis feel heaviness in the back of the eye. As your vision is same there is no emergency but if t...  Read Full »

Can root canal treated tooth cause pain in eye and mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last two nights, my right eye and the right side of my mouth have been bothering me a lot and I thought it was because of a headache but it is not. I have had a root canal done over a year ago in the right side in the back of my mouth and one done again behind that tooth. Could t...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. The reason for pain in the eye region should be due to any tooth infection in the upper front tooth region precisely the canine tooth. It could be a hidden decay in the tooth which bothers you a lot. I advice ...  Read Full »