Q. I have a stye in my right upper eyelid and the right side of my nose is swollen. Kindly help.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have a stye in my right upper eyelid. After a few days, I noticed whiteheads on the right side of my nose. Now the right side of my nose is swollen and hard, with areas of crustiness. It does not hurt, but I am concerned.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

Kindly answer the following questions.

1) Are you diabetic?

2) Do you have a history of an insect bite?

3) Any oozing?

4) Is the lesion pus-filled?

Is the lesion painful or tender?

Do you have any fever?

Answer the questions for details.

Thanks for your reply.

I am not diabetic, and I am unsure of an insect bite. The lesion is slightly tender on the touch. There is a small amount of clear discharge from the lesion and a stinging sensation inside the nostril. I do not have a fever till now.

Kindly help.

#

I suggest you apply Nadifloxacin 2 % cream (Nadibact cream) twice daily in the morning and night for ten days or Mupirocin cream or ointment twice daily for ten days (apply the cream with cotton tip applicator or clean hands) and take tablet Ciplox 250 mg (Ciprofloxacin) twice daily after food for three days, tablet Limcee 500 mg (vitamin C) once daily for 30 days, and tablet Emanzen D (Serratiopeptidase and Diclofenac sodium).

Avoid popping or pricking lesions as it causes secondary bacterial infection.

Use Povidone-iodine to clean the lesion.

I advise you to drink plenty of water, maintain proper hygiene, and eat citrus fruits like orange, lime, avocado, and vitamin A fruits like papaya, etc.

|