Q. Are these small wounds on my eyelid due to heat?

Dr. Shikha

I had Lasik in the beginning of last year. I have a dandruff issue with my hair. After a few months of surgery, occasionally I had eye itching. When I visited my doctor, he said that it is due to dandruff and asked to clean eyelid with baby shampoo. After cleaning, I used to feel relieved for some days. But today, even after cleaning, I am feeling itchy. When closely examined, I see three small wounds on my eyelid. I have shown that in white circles in the attached image. Are those due to heat? How to cure it?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• These are normal meibomian gland duct openings in the border of the lower eyelid. They are abnormally protruded and this is known as meibomitis.
  • You should continue shampoo wash. In addition, do warm compresses and use lubricant eye drops three to four times in a day.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|