Q. Why am I having a painful swelling in my upper eyelid?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

There is swelling in my left eye upper lid. There is a pain and small pimple from inside at the corner for last two days. Currently, I am using Nevanac and Pataday eye drops.

#

It seems like a mild staphylococcal infection and has caused a stye (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apart from medicines, you can do some hot fomentation two to three times a day for relief. It is usually caused by touching of the eye with dirty hands or when there is water in eyes. After this infection subsides, please get refraction done to see if you need glasses.

You have to take antibiotics for it. Start with the following:

1. Tablet Cefixime 200 mg two times a day for five days.
  2. Tablet Diclofenac plus serratiopeptidase once daily for next five days after meals.
  3. Tablet Pantoprazole every morning empty stomach for five days.
  4. Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for seven days.
  5. Polymixin plus chloramphenicol eye ointment at bedtime for one week.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|