HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)subconjunctival hemorrhageGot a blunt injury in my eye. Will it get cured?

Is it possible to cure the injured part of my eye completely?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At November 22, 2020
Reviewed AtJuly 13, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Recently, I had a bit of blunt trauma in my right eye. Now it appears as if I have a pooped blood vessel. The bone beneath my right eye hurts when any palpating pressure is applied to it. Between my cornea and pupil, I can see a pool of blood. My eye does not hurt and my vision is fine. My concern is mostly cosmetic. I have not tried to treat it or investigate it further. But now I am worried that I cannot see any changes on it. Is there any other way to make the injured part of my eye completely white again?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You have a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. A small blood vessel bleeds and then a blood clot is formed. This clot will get resorbed on its own and it takes around one or two weeks to go away. This does not require any specific treatment. You can consult a local ophthalmologist as certain manifestations of trauma like retinal tear can occur and they remain completely asymptomatic to begin.

The Probable causes

You have trauma.

Investigations to be done

You need a retina examination.

Treatment plan

You can use lubricating drops and vitamin C.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan
Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy