Subconjunctival Hemorrhage

Got a blunt injury in my eye. Will it get cured?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had a bit of blunt trauma in my right eye. Now it appears as if I have a pooped blood vessel. The bone beneath my right eye hurts when any palpating pressure is applied to it. Between my cornea and pupil, I can see a pool of blood. My eye does not hurt and my vision is fine...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. A small blood vessel bleeds and then a blood clot is formed. This clot will get resorbed on its own and it takes around one or two weeks to go away. This does not require any specific treatment. You can consult a local ophthal...  Read Full »

Why did I have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Five years back, my eyes got injured by a plastic ball while playing. It was a hard hit. But I got recovered within 2 to 3 days. My eyes became red and I started to have a reddish vision. It took around seven days to get completely healed and after that, I did not have any issues. I did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no problem right now, then there is nothing to be worried. Most probably, you had blood accumulation under the white of eyes or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might had bleeding inside of your eyes called hyphema. It got resolved on its own. But if you ...  Read Full »

Why am I having redness in both the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness in both the eyes. The doctor suggested Nepalact and Eyemist eye drops but after one month the same problem continues. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the doctor has written the diagnosis as episcleritis, and the drugs given are for allergy. That is why there is no improvement. Kindly discontinue the previous medicines and start t...  Read Full »

What causes a sudden blood clot to appear around the eyeball?

Query: Hi doctor, Suddenly, I got a blood clot around my right eyeball. But I am unable to figure out the cause. I went to the hospital today. Due to strict protocols, I am unable to consult the doctor. Please give some advice. How to cure the condition? The red thing in my eyes was on the right corner bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the description, it seems like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur due to trauma, high blood pressure, intake of blood thinners, and due to increased bleeding and clotting time. You have not mentioned your age and please mention whether you are takin...  Read Full »

My son is having eye infection for the past two weeks and it is not healing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is having an eye infection for the past two weeks and it is not healing. What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your son's problem. I have gone through the photo that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be an infection of the tear drainage sac. I can confirm it and I need a further medical history of your child. Please s...  Read Full »

What should be done for eye pain and redness due to injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's right eye is reddish due to hit by my 3-year-old son while playing. She has reddishness and pain since this morning. I need advice as we could not reach any doctor out here. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage from the image, but I would appreciate it if you could send a more clear picture which I can enlarge to confirm. Is her vision n...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for red spots in the eyes with itching and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister, 28 years old, has developed a couple of red color spots on the left eye with itching, irritation, and watering of eyes. There is no history of trauma, foreign body, photophobia. Please guide us on what is to be done.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, it is a bit blurry, but it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If she inadvertently injured the eye in her sleep. If...  Read Full »

Why is there a red spot on my eye which is spreading?

Query: Hi doctor, My eye has a red spot, and it is spreading. There is no pain now, but when I put rose water-soaked cotton, it feels tired.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, and it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If you inadvertently injured your eye in your sleep. If you suffer...  Read Full »

Why do I still have pain even after the red spot in eye due to injury fades out?

Query: Hello doctor, A week ago, I slightly injured the white area of the left eye. A small red spot developed on the eye with some pain. Now that red spot gets pale but the pain is still there. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly it is sub conjunctival bleed that is not harmful. It will take a week more to settle down. Start Nepafenac eye drop twice daily for three days then taper it to one time a day for the next three days then stop.  Read Full »

Can high blood pressure cause blood in white part of eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I felt pressure in my head on Monday (thought I was getting a headache). I woke up Tuesday morning with blood in the white of my left eye. This morning I saw blood on my pillow the size of my thumbnail. What is my next step? I am currently on Pristiq, Lamictal, and Potassium chlorid...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be subconjunctival hemorrhage. Are you 65 years? Is her blood pressure levels controlled with medicines? If not then monitor your BP and then get the treatment accordingly. Do you swim? Or do yoga? Any history of fever?  Read Full »